- Community Training and Assistance Center (CTAC)
Community Training and Assistance Center (CTAC) is a national, minority-controlled, nonprofit organization with a demonstrated record of success in the fields of education and community development. Working at local, state, and national levels, we achieve significant, long-term improvements in areas such as student achievement, teacher effectiveness, and organizational capacity. Our priority is addressing the root causes of poverty in low-income communities and communities of color.
CTAC works collaboratively with school leaders, teachers, parents, and community organizations to build their capacity for achieving sustainable, high-impact change. We work with our partners to:
- Analyze challenges to identify their root causes and evaluate the effectiveness of improvement strategies.
- Develop creative solutions to address problems in new, more effective ways.
- Strengthen implementation of organizational and management solutions by providing intensive, on-site assistance to our partners.
- Sustain the impact of initiatives through program evaluation, continuous support and training, and improvement science.
CTAC is headquartered in Boston and has field offices in eight states. Our national reach and experience makes it possible to provide responsive, ongoing support to school systems, community-based organizations, coalitions, government agencies, and philanthropic institutions across the country.
Student Learning Objectives: Using SLOs to Improve Instruction and Advance Student Growth
Author | William J. Slotnik